: Using nvidia\’s official updated driver (I normally used modded drivers)
2: Updating my vista to SP2
After doing that I was able to play the game on max settings and 1920×1200 resolution no lag XD
Geforce 8800m GTS 512mb
I think I just figured out something that might interest some of you having frame rate issues. I have a Nvidia chipset on this particular PC, but ATI should be similar if this problem is also found on ATI cards.
I went into my Nvidia Control panel to try and figure out what\’s going on in this game. I saw ran a log in the background and noticed some strange CPU and GPU things going on, so I started looking around in my setting for what might be causing this issue. I know the game uses a lot of breakable objects and some physics, so I figured it was a combination CPU use and a bottleneck on the GPU side with the sync\’d to 30hz/60hz
Anyway – Try the following if you are getting jerky frame rates in specific zones.
– Go into you vidcard control panel and see if you can create profiles for each game.
– Create a profile for Ghostbusters
– I turned off Multiple Monitor and put Single only.
– Turn on Triple Buffers to smooth out FPS lock.
** Now here\’s the big setting that made the game run MUCH better **
– Look in the main control panel area for PhysX Acceleration. Disable this setting. Sadly, you can\’t save per game this setting from the looks of it.
– Start GB and you should notice that the game runs fluid even in the areas where FPS was dropping to single-digits.
Hope this helps you guys out there!